Here’s everything you need to know about night makeup and how you can make it look perfect throughout the evening.
Evening makeup doesn’t necessarily have to be more complicated than the makeup we usually use. It’s all about following the clues and highlighting certain elements. The idea is to make the face look stunning under artificial lights and well defined, even in the shadows of the night.
For makeup to last all night, the first thing we need to do is moisturize our skin before applying any product. A clean and well hydrated face will be the canvas on which to work best.
It should be noted that the water with which we rinse the face must be fresh. This will help us to close the pores and, thus, we will obtain that the makeup is perfect.
Obviously, makeup at night is characterized by using strong colors or tones, mainly in the eyes and lips, as these will be the center of attention.
The keys to night makeup
The night makeup allows us to apply more layers, blur the tones and add more contrast in general. On the other hand, it also allows us to add more drama (bigger eyelashes, touches of brightness, etc.).
The outline will be the key, both to enlarge and to give volume. For example, lips need to be well delineated to make them fuller and fuller.
The look will depend largely on how well we achieve our makeup at night, therefore, it is important that during the application we take into account certain tricks:
- Loose translucent powder: always place this under your eyes. This makes it easier to remove traces of dust from dark shadows or the remains of eyelash mascara. When you finish your make-up, simply sweep the powder with a brush.
- Use concealer: to rectify imperfections and unify your skin tone. You can also use it around your eyebrows (or mouth) if you need to correct something you did wrong.
New trends: don’t be afraid to take risks with glitters and shadows that include glitter, they will make you look very sophisticated.
- Balance in your face: if you decide that the eyes are the protagonist of the makeup, choose a softer tone to apply on the lips, with discreet tones. If, on the other hand, you decide that the main characters are the lips, use neutral colours in your eyes. Remember that the less dispersed we are, the more sophisticated we will look.
- Apply moisturizing lotions and makeup with gentle movements, without hitting the face.
- Cover skin imperfections with an appropriate concealer, including dark circles.
- Choose a makeup base with a texture appropriate for your skin type and apply it evenly.
- Empower the most beautiful features of your face. To wear makeup at night, it is recommended that you highlight your eyes. One of the trends that are being used are smokey eyes.
- The eyes are usually made up in black tones or brighter colors such as gold, silver, blue or mauve.
- Use a curling iron for your eyelashes and apply enough mascara or, if you wish, apply some false eyelashes. This look, with its coppery and neutral tones, is a classic for all skin types. It’s also perfect to stand out at a party or on a romantic outing or with friends.
If you’re one of those girls who likes to feel more natural but still apply a little makeup to look beautiful, there are simpler shades of shadows. At the same time, you must know how to use them to look sexy.
Enchance Your Natural Beauty
A penetrating and striking look is obtained with shades that highlight the natural eye color (green for brown eyes, dark for blue eyes, etc.) and with gold or silver details in the lacrimal area. The idea is to make the eyes look bigger and therefore more intense.
Wedding Evening Makeup
In this aspect you must use a makeup that squanders glamour and elegance. Both brides and guests can steal the glances with a good night makeup in earthy tones and nudes.
Smoked eyes and glitter
Apply and blend dark and light colors to create a smoky eye look. The key is to choose contrasting colors. Shiny shadows are perfect for night makeup. If you only have matte shadows in your kit, look for powder shine to add it on the mobile eyelid.
There’s a look for every occasion. The night is the best time you have to innovate. Encourage yourself to use those colors and shines that you can not wear during the day.