Does your skin react to certain products by frying, burning or tingling? Does your skin dry, itch or start exfoliating in some environments?
How do you know if your skin is sensitive?
Does your skin react to certain products by frying, burning or tingling? Does your skin dry, itch or start exfoliating in some environments? If you answer “yes” to at least one of these questions, you are one of the millions of women with sensitive skin.
In fact, it looks like there’s a lot more people with sensitive skin than people with normal skin. 69 per cent of women and 64 per cent of men have sensitive skin. The face is the area where skin sensitivity is most observed, but this sensitivity can be seen anywhere in the body.
Why do sensitive skin react to everything?
Dermatologists believe that nerves are more sensitive than normal in the stratum corneum layer of sensitive skin, the outermost surface.
- Therefore, sensitive skin can react for many reasons.
- Environmental factors, such as ultraviolet rays, wind, heat, cold, air pollution and humidity;
- Products, cosmetics, make-up products that you use every day;
- Even the clothes you use close to your skin…
In addition, the fatigue and stress you are exposed to every day can also increase the sensitivity of your skin. When the stress level increases, the nerve endings in the skin layers begin to secrete various chemicals. That’s why you find flushing, dryness or inflamed wounds.
How to look after sensitive skin?
- Sensitive skin is not as difficult to care for as you might think. Of course, there will be more problems than normal skin, and you will have to deal with solving them, but none of these problems will stop you from having good skin.
- First of all, you should use products designed for soft textured, even best of which is sensitive skin, in sensitive skin care. you should definitely avoid products with the following ingredients: limestone, perfume, colorant, hard textured pouch or brush… Gels, cleaning oils will not be the best choices for skin cleansing. Instead, when cleaning dead cells, you should choose products containing fruit acid.
- Choose products with natural, organic content such as allantoin, bisabolol, propolis, ale vera, provitamin B5. This content should also be your reason for choosing products that you use to protect yourself from the sun.
- The same goes for makeup: use face powder and headlight swabs containing natural minerals. Avoid long-term makeup on the skin, as they can cause damage to your skin.
- Moisturize your skin with mineral water during the day, giving it a fresher appearance. Make sure to clean your makeup at night. To do this, use a lotion containing mycelium or milk.
- Apply a product to your face or body after 24 hours of testing on your wrist. This measures the reaction of your skin. When you find a product that’s good for you, don’t easily change it, keep using it. Sensitive skin doesn’t like change.
- Extreme temperatures, both very hot and very cold environments will not be good for your skin. Try not to be in such environments.
- Some cosmetic brands develop products specific to sensitive skin. These products may be more useful for your skin than others for your skin. For example, the Anti-Wrinkle set for Sensitive Skin contains day and night creams as well as lotion. Such a set will also fit between products and will be good for your skin. You can get this kind of set for your daily maintenance.