Ecological fashion is the new trend you should know, an opportunity to contribute to improving the environment with a small gesture. The idea is to buy ecological garments and fashion accessories made without chemicals or pesticides.
Today, society is more aware of and more in solidarity with the environment. More and more ecological recycling is being introduced and support is being given to urban crops and sustainable industries that avoid massive emissions to the ozone layer. The textile sector is an important part of this trend in the production of ecological clothing and accessories.
Global warming, the death of animals and a large number of lost forests have led to the emergence of these new companies or make them more ecological and responsible to care for the ecosystem.
Garments made of 100% organic cotton and other materials are becoming fashionable and this is very beneficial for the planet. Textile companies are committed to eco-design, that is to say, to continue dressing in style and in the latest fashion, but without abandoning the ethical values that are closely linked to nature and the environment.
What are eco-friendly clothing and accessories?
They are also looking for natural dyes to paint and colour the accessories and all their manufacture in a sustainable way. This new fashion trend is not only beneficial for the environment, but also for the people who wear the clothes.
By not having pesticides or chemicals harmful to the body, it prevents the appearance of allergies and skin irritations that are often directly linked to these products.
Here are some of the brands that have started to produce eco-friendly clothing. So if you feel like trying out the difference, you’ll know where to go straight away.
- IDEA. A shop that sells fashion and fashionable clothing for both men and women.
- Thinking Mu, another innovative textile brand that sells organic cotton t-shirts with positive messages.
- H&M. The big brand also bets on getting a line of T-shirts, sweaters and shirts with blue tones dyed with organic dyes.
- People Tree is committed to the sustainable and ecological textile sector. The best known face of this brand is the actress Emma Watson.
- Marks & Spencer. It specialises in men’s textiles and all they manufacture are eco-friendly garments.
- Intrépida Mu is the first Spanish brand to market totally organic clothing.
- Natura. It is also a Spanish company committed to promoting a sustainable and ecological brand. They also don’t use pesticides or toxic elements..
Ecological clothing and accessories
Among the ecological clothing and accessories that are fashionable when contributing to a more friendly purchase with nature we find:
- Cotton T-shirts with positive messages
- Scarves and neckerchiefs
- Handmade leather handbags
- Wallets and purses
Find out if what you’re buying is eco-friendly
To know if the next garment you are going to buy follows the guidelines of an ecological manufacture you have to pay attention to the following:
- Look at the labels of each garment: the certificates of its production must appear.
- The Skal certificate lets you know if your garment is free of pesticides and chemicals.
- Many famous and familiar faces begin to become more aware with this movement. Some promote brands that fit their way of thinking.
This new type of clothing and accessories manufactured with these premises free of toxins and pesticides have become fashionable and look for ways to achieve natural materials that have not gone through chemical processes and then weave the garments. This is how we contribute to taking care of the planet.
Cheer up and try and buy ecological clothes and accessories, to put your grain of sand in a more natural world.